Bulletin Board

DsiMail
Started by Moulder
24 May 2012 12:31
SUBSCRIBE
jsa005 (225)
24 May 2012 13:02
I'll let you use my CentOS Linux 6 VPS, with a dedicated IP (:
jsafive: Now with 42% more randomness! W00t! and so forth.
jsa005 (225)
24 May 2012 13:04
The distinguished jsa005 spake:
I'll let you use my CentOS Linux 6 VPS, with a dedicated IP (:

You'll have to use SFTP/SSH FTP (google WinSCP for a client) though as I can't get any FTP servers working D:
jsa005 (225)
25 May 2012 09:49
The distinguished Moulder spake:
I know. Thanks for the offer, but no thanks. I'd like to own my own webserver.

Here's a free VPS signup (no posting or anything like that): http://members.host1free.com/vps?ac=h1f_register_vps.
Choose CentOS 6.
If you tell me the login details I'll set up a LAMP stack for you, and help with development (:
jsa005 (225)
25 May 2012 09:50
Oh by the way you need to register a domain, I use http://freedns.afraid.org, and point an A record to your VPS IP.
jsa005 (225)
25 May 2012 09:52
Thanks. We could still use your help though. If you have any experience in HTML/CSS, feel free to make a "demo" version of the website and send it to my email. (that is one that's not hosted by a server)

I'm good with HTML and CSS, also PHP and MySQL, so I could probably make a working version given time, but I'll email you a link to a demo site, and a ZIP.
jsa005 (225)
28 May 2012 20:33
I need page ideas. So far I only have the required three pages of the email service:
-Inbox
-Sent
-And trash

You guys have any suggestions on what kind of pages might be useful to the public?

Spam? (You never know what'll turn up in spam that you want)
Also, a DSiMail contacts page would be good.
Do you think you might let people have email addresses like jsa005@dsimail which appear in their DSiMail account? (And maybe in their Gmail etc.)
If you get a server I'll set it up with a LAMP stack and control panel (Webuzo Free, google "Softaculous Webuzo") via SSH for you (:
jsa005 (225)
28 May 2012 21:41
By the way the VPS has been taken for Eye3DS but I can always get another (:

Home Forum Home
Wii, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi are ™ Nintendo Co. Ltd. Opera is a product of Opera Software ASA. This website is ©2009-2014 Daniel Gump. All rights reserved. Members are responsible for their own content. No account information will be given to third-parties.